Saturday, September 11, 2010

What I've Been Working On....

I've been a bad blogger lately!  My time has been taken up with the busy-ness of back to school, dance, and chasing Carter around all day.  What little free time I've had has found me working on some cute hair bows!  Some of you know that I have a hair accessory business called Lulu and Junebug.  When my girls were little, I made TONS of bows for them, and then started listing some on Ebay.  I eventually opened my own website and I couldn't believe how busy I got!  It was a big blessing at the time, but it soon got overwhelming as I was doing lots of custom orders.  I was staying up until 2 or 3am working on bows, then getting up in the morning to take the girls to school.  I felt like I wasn't doing a very good job at my MOST important job (being a mom!).  Needless to say, I got burnt out and eventually closed my site (actually, it is still open but very outdated!).  I have sold occasionally on Ebay since then (you can find my ME page here and see some samples of bows I've done in the past), and always enjoy that since I'm in a great hair bow group (the Bowbetties).  However, lately, we have really needed some extra money to help pay for dance classes, braces (coming soon) and lots of other expenses, so I have dusted off my glue gun and have been working on some fun new bows.  I've decided to open an Etsy shop and offer only ready-made items since that's easiest for me to keep up with.  I will still sell on Ebay as well.  The most exciting thing that has happened recently is that I am now selling my bows in a local shop called Anklebiters, Inc.  Here are a few pictures of the bows I took there last week - all Halloween and fall










I also just finished up an auction donation for Lindsey's dance group.  She is dancing in a charity fundraiser called Dancers Responding to AIDS next weekend.  This hair bow bouquet will be auctioned off and will hopefully raise some money for this great charity.  I hope it will make some little girl VERY happy!









I have to say that it has been alot of fun working with all of my pretty ribbons again!  I will let everyone know when my Etsy site opens so you can check it out =)

Sharing at:








Anything Halloween Party Button
 
UndertheTableandDreaming 
 
Photobucket

Making

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Love that owl bow with the brown polka dot ribbon! Hope to see one like that in your etsy shoppe soon! *wink*

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are adorable ... I love the owl!

That Crazy Ajumma said...

They are so very adorable.
My kids would never wear things like that(tomboys), but I would have and still would!!

Katie said...

Oh My! I can believe that you were busy with orders, those are fablulous! I would definitely be interested when you open up!

nest of posies said...

these are incredible.

super fun stuff. whatever little girl wins that basket will be a lucky one.

thanks so much for linking up to the FALL FESTIVAL! good luck with your new etsy shop.

kellie

Denise Marie said...

yes, some girl with be very happy with that yummy auction win!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

How cute! I love all the tiny details!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

What fantastic work! I love all of these and it makes me wish I had girls, or that I was seven again! :)

Jennifer said...

I seriously LOVE those! You are an artist!

Sandy Ang said...

These are amazing bows !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...