Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Portfolio Breakfasts

Lindsey and Emily both had portfolio breakfasts this week. I use the term "breakfast" loosely, because there was no actual breakfast there. Emily said it was "because of the economy" and sort of shook her head. I think she's been listening to Daddy and Bapop lately! I brought my camera to both girls' breakfasts, but was only able to take pictures at Emily's breakfast. I won't go into all the details about why I didn't take any at Lindsey's, but just know that it involved tears (hers), begging (mine) and me walking out of there without a single picture! Anyway, Lindsey showed me her work, which was mostly writing samples. I loved hearing her voice in her writing - she is very creative and very conscientious in all she does. What a joy that little girl is to me. She warms my heart.

Emily allowed a few pictures, only because Daddy wasn't there to see her work. She was so excited for me to be there, and to show me her journal. I can't believe how much her reading and writing has improved this year. It's astounding, truly. Here is her journal the first day of kindergarten (sorry for the dark picture - notice there is no writing, just a bunch of scribbling and a sticky note her teacher put on there telling what the picture was about):



And here is a recent entry - it continued on the next page, too. It was about Ballerina Bunnies - too cute! And take a look at the difference a year makes!!!



Here's my sweet girl showing off some of her work (notice a pattern here? She writes about bunnies alot!). I am so proud of her! She has come so far, and I love her enthusiasm for learning!

6 comments:

Angie Vinez said...

Can you believe Z and Emily will be SIX this July? Where did the time go?! I think it's great that she loves bunnies so much. Zander's still stuck on Superheroes! :)

Big hugs to Lindsey, too. Being a tween is just so hard.

Controlling My Chaos said...

What a sweet little journal to treasure.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

So cute! :) She has such pretty hair! Thanks so much for stopping by and for entering my Giveaway. :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Heather!

Thanks for coming by and entering my giveaway. It is nice to meet you! What a cute blog you have here! I am excited to get to know you!

XOXO
Jen

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I'm glad you found my blog, too! I hope to hear your wonderful comments in the future. Your blog is such a lovely record of your family. I bet it's going to be fun to look back on as your kids get older.

Mandi Shandi said...

Congrats! You won my contest and will be the lucky recipient of a tassel and pillow. Let me know your color preferences.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...