Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Carter at one month.....


I can't believe that my baby boy is one month old! It's crazy to me how fast time is flying by. I feel like I just brought him home yesterday. I want to document a few things that he is doing right now, so here goes.

At one month, Carter is:

*nursing - alot! He eats at least every three hours, but most times it's more like every two hours. He is a very good eater.

*growing - alot! We have already switched him to size 2 diapers. At his one month checkup, he was over 12 pounds! What a sweet little chunky man!

*starting to grace us with a few of his beautiful little smiles. They are few and far between, but when he smiles at us we are just thrilled. We will do anything for a smile! His whole face lights up when he smiles - it's pure heaven!

*making good eye contact. He will stare at us or at various things around the house (his favorites - pictures on the walls - go figure!). When Daddy comes home, or when I talk while someone else is holding him, he will turn his head to try to find us.

*sleeping for 3-4 hour stretches early in the night, then for another 2 hours or so before he wakes up. He is still pretty sleepy during the day but has started taking shorter naps and is alot more alert than he was a few weeks ago.

*still pooping alot! (Sorry Carter, but it's true, and I need to remember EVERYTHING).

*holding his head up very well - he's very strong and can hold his head up for several minutes at a time. He also wants to sit up rather than lie down - he doesn't want to miss anything.

*making all kinds of crazy noises - grunts, groans, and noises that no baby should make. Rodney and I laugh about his noises every night - he sounds like an old man or an animal, we aren't sure which.

And last of all - at one month old, Carter has totally captured all of our hearts. We are madly in love with him, and we can't stop kissing his little cheeks. Being his mom is a little slice of heaven, and I can't believe he is mine!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Awww!!! What a little sugar. I just love babies. Give him a snuggle for me! So...where are the pictures?!?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...